5-7th June 2023
Arena Berlin & Festsaal Kreuzberg
The #rp23 Festival Site
Entrance Arena Berlin
Eichenstraße 4, 12435 Berlin
Accreditation possibility for participants with standard, reduced and business tickets, partners, press, speakers and volunteers. Please use this entrance if possible.
Entrance Festsaal Kreuzberg
Am Flutgraben 2, 12435 Berlin
Accreditation possibility for participants with standard, reduced and business tickets.
pre:publica (Sun, 4 June)
Possibility to pick up the accreditation already the evening before and thus avoid possible waiting times on the first day of the festival.
Day 1 (Mon, 5 June)
Programme start: 10:30h
Evening programme: 18:00h
Day 2 (Tue, 6 June)
Programme start: 10:00h
Evening programme: 19:00h
Day 3 (Wed, 7 June)
Programme start: 10:00h
Evening programme: 19:00h
Programme start: 9:30h
Please note: Not everything is allowed on the re:publica grounds. Here is an overview of what you can and cannot bring with you:
- Returnable bottles up to 1 litre are allowed.
- Large backpacks, sports bags, travel bags and suitcases can be left at the cloakroom. You are welcome to take backpacks, handbags and laptop bags inside.
- Dangerous items such as weapons, ammunition and pyrotechnic products are prohibited on the grounds. They cannot be taken into custody.
- Animals, with the exception of therapy dogs, are unfortunately not allowed on the grounds.
- Bicycles, e-scooters, scooters, e-boards, skateboards and roller skates must also remain outside.
We have two free cloakrooms for jackets and suitcases on site, where you can store your luggage free of charge. The locations are both in the immediate vicinity of the accreditation. Please allow for some waiting time, especially at peak times.
Lost & Found: Please take lost items to the info booth. Have you lost something? Drop by there, maybe it has already been handed in. At the end of the day, we will keep all lost and found items safe - you can still pick them up the next day.
We recommend travelling within Berlin by bicycle or public transport!
- U-Bahn (Metro): Take the U1 or U3 line to the Schlesisches Tor metro station. From there it is about a 12 min walk. From the metro station Warschauer Str. (U1, U3) it is approx. 19 min on foot. Alternatively, you can use the bike shuttles at peak times (see below).
- Tram: Take tram line M10 to S+U Warschauer Str. The tram stop Warschauer Str. is 1105 metres away, approx. 15 min walk.
- S-Bahn (urban train): Take lines S41/S42/S9/S8/S85 to Treptower Park S-Bahn station. From there it is approx. 800 metres to the location, approx. 11 min on foot. The S Warschauer Str. (S9/S3/S5/S7/S75) is 1683 metres away, 23 min walk.
- Bus: Take bus lines 165, 265 and M43 to the Heckmannufer or Eichenstr./Puschkinallee bus stops. From the Heckmannufer stop it is a 3 min walk, Eichenstr./Puschkinallee is a 5 min walk.
- Bike: We will provide bicycle parking spaces.
- Car: Public car park or public parking lot (few parking spaces).
- Train: Take the FEX, RE1, RE7 trains to Ostkreuz S-Bahn station. Take cross-regional trains to Ostbahnhof or Hauptbahnhof. From there, take the S-Bahn (S9/S3/S5/S7/S75) to Treptower Park S-Bahn station.
Bike taxis to re:publica 2023 – moved by Sparda-Bank Berlin
Our ten bike taxis, provided free of charge on all three days by Sparda-Bank Berlin as a sustainable mobility service, will also ensure a climate-friendly journey. The shuttles will be waiting daily from 9-11am and 5-8pm at the nearest stations U-Bahn Schlesisches Tor and S-Bahn Treptower Park and will take you directly to the venue.
With Deutsche Bahn to re:publica 23
Deutsche Bahn offers all participants special conditions for a relaxed and climate-friendly journey to and from #rp23. The DB event tickets include a "+City" ticket for a connecting journey by public transport from the arrival station in Berlin to the event location and are valid for journeys within Germany from/to Berlin in the period from 31 May to 14 June 2023. You can find the General Terms and Conditions of Deutsche Bahn here. The following conditions apply:
- Single ticket with train connection in 1st class € 84.90 (incl. seat reservation) or in 2nd class € 51.90 (only while stocks last)
- Single ticket without train connection in 1st class € 106,90 (incl. seat reservation) or in 2nd class € 72,90
Please note: A valid participation document (ticket) must be carried in order to use the DB event tickets.
Your mobile workplace directly at the train station
Are you traveling to re:publica by train and have to cover waiting times at the station – or are you looking for a quiet and flexible workplace in Berlin? Try everyworks, the coworking offer of Deutsche Bahn - Germany-wide! Our partner offers you 120 free minutes for the Minute Seat with the code "republica23ew".
Food & Drinks
On the festival grounds there will again be a wide range of food and drinks and various food trucks. The catering of the re:publica has been completely meat-free since 2022 - for participants as well as for the crew. At #rp23 you can fill your own bottles at our water stations (provided by Berliner Wasserbetriebe) and use reusable containers at the catering.
Hotels & Accommodation
We are happy to announce that #rp23 participants will be able to receive a 15% discount with the code “REPUBLICA23” at aletto Hotels during the conference days. The dicount code is valid as of now and subject to availability.
All information about sustainability at re:publica 2023 can be found here.
Accessibility & Inclusion
The festival grounds of re:publica 2023 are mostly barrier-free. A large part of the festival site is entirely barrier-free accessible—the Hoppetosse, Escobar and the Badeschiff gangplank are unfortunately not barrier-free. You can find more information about accessibility on the site plan and here.
The programme on Stage 1 will be simultaneously translated into German and English. In addition, a team of sign language interpreters will be on duty on all days of the event. You can ask for them at the info point.
So that parents can have a escape from the busy conference with their children, there will again be a Kids Space on the festival grounds for playing, romping, breastfeeding or for rest breaks. At the Badeschiff location, children can also play in a small outdoor sandbox.
Awareness at re:publica 2023
We are happy to have an awareness team on site again this year. People who experience discrimination at #rp23 or feel uncomfortable or threatened in any way will have a place to go. If you have a bad experience at re:publica, feel very uncomfortable and overwhelmed or find yourself in a bad mental state, don't hesitate to come to us for help.
The Awareness Team can be recognised by their orange waistcoats. It will be on the grounds on all three days and can be contacted by phone (030/202371439), by email (email@example.com) or at their info booth in Festsaal. In the evening there will be a shift change and the b_aware team will be on site. You can also contact the re:publica team at any time. Be mindful of each other, support each other and don't hesitate to come to us if you are not feeling well!
Code of Conduct
For over 15 years, re:publica stands for diversity in an open society – which shows in our programme, on our communication channels and, of course, on site.
Just send us an email at info (at) re-publica.com!